Womack & Womack was the singing and songwriting partnership of American musicians Cecil Womack and his wife, Linda Womack. The duo were successful as songwriters for other artists, and had several international hits as a singing duo in the 1980s and 1990s. Later recordings, with other members of their family, were credited to The House of Zekkariyas.
Cecil Womack was born in 1947 in Cleveland, Ohio, and performed with his older brothers Bobby (1944–2014), Harry (1945–1974), Friendly and Curtis, as a gospel group. After meeting Sam Cooke, they changed their name to The Valentinos and in 1961 began to sing and record "the devil's music" for secular audiences, to the horror of their religious father. The Valentinos had a hit record with "Lookin' for a Love," selling two million copies, later becoming a no. 39 U.S. hit for The J. Geils Band in 1971. They toured with James Brown and scored another crossoverЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- Love Wars [1983, альбом]
- Radio M.U.S.C. Man [1985, альбом]
- Starbright [1986, альбом]
- Conscience [1988, альбом]
- Teardrops [1988, сингл]
- Celebrate The World [1989, сингл]
- Family Spirit [1991, альбом]
- Transformation to the House of Zekkariyas [1993, альбом]
- Tear Drops [1993, сборник]
- Greatest Hits [25.04.2000, сборник]
- Strange & Funny: The Best of 1984-1993 [2004, сборник]