The Velvelettes were an American singing girl group, signed to Motown in the 1960s.
The group was founded in 1961 by Bertha Barbee McNeal and Mildred Gill Arbor, students at Western Michigan University. Mildred recruited her younger sister Carolyn (also known as Cal or Caldin), who was in 9th grade, and Cal's friend Betty Kelley, a junior in high school. Bertha recruited her cousin Norma Barbee, a freshman at Flint Junior College. Cal was chosen as the group's lead singer.
A classmate at Western Michigan University, Robert Bullock, was Berry Gordy's nephew, and he encouraged the group to audition for Motown Records. The group signed to Motown in late 1962 and started recording in January 1963. They recorded at the Hitsville USA studio and "There He Goes" and "That's The Reason Why" produced by William Stevenson was released asЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- He Was Really Sayin' Somethin [1964, макси-сингл]
- A Bird in the Hand (Is Worth Two in the Bush) / Since You've Been Loving Me [1965, сингл]
- These Things Will Keep Me Loving You / Since You've Been Loving Me [1966, сингл]
- The Very Best of the Velvelettes [23.03.1999, сборник]
- The Best Of [2001, сборник]
- The Motown Anthology [01.11.2004, сборник]
|He Was Really Saying Something||
|Needle In A Haystack||