The Four Aces is an American male traditional pop music quartet, popular since the 1950s. Over the last half-century, the group amassed many gold records. Its million-selling signature tunes include "Love is a Many-Splendored Thing", "Three Coins in the Fountain", "Stranger in Paradise", "Tell Me Why", and "(It's No) Sin". Other big sellers included "Shangri-La", "Perfidia", and "Sincerely". The original members, responsible for every song made popular by the group, included Al Alberts, Dave Mahoney, Lou Silvestri, and Rosario "Sod" Vaccaro.
Alberts went to South Philadelphia High School and Temple University, and served in the United States Navy, where he met Mahoney. Originally, Alberts sang with Mahoney playing behind him, and later they added Vaccaro on trumpet and Silvestri on drums. They played locally in the Philadelphia area, and Alberts started his own record label, Victoria Records, when they could not findЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- Tell Me Why / A Garden in the Rain [1951, сингл]
- The Gang That Sang "Heart of My Heart" / Stranger in Paradise [1953, сингл]
- Three Coins in the Fountain / Wedding Bells (Are Breaking Up That Old Gang of Mine) [1954, сингл]
- Shine on Harvest Moon / Love Is a Many-Splendored Thing [1955, сингл]
- Love Is a Many-Splendored Thing: 20 Great Love Songs: [сборник]
- The Best of the Four Aces [сборник]
- The Four Aces [сборник]
- Greatest Hits [1993, сборник]