The Dovers were an American garage rock band of the mid-1960s. The Dovers were an example of mid-1960s folk rock, psychedelic rock and pop, heavily influenced by the British Invasion and American groups such as The Byrds.
The Dovers were from Santa Barbara, California, and started their band under the name The Vandells. They began their recording career as The Dovers in 1965 with the Miramar Records release "She's Gone"/"What Am I Going To Do?," which reportedly was a minor hit in the Santa Barbara–Ventura County area. Three singles followed in late 1965 and early 1966, showing The Dovers' interest in folk and pop; none of their four singles met with national success, and The Dovers broke up shortly afterward.
The group recorded a total of four singles for Miramar:
- "She's Gone" / "What Am I Going To Do?" (Miramar 118, September 1965);
- "I Could Be Happy" / "People Ask Me Why" (Miramar 121, November
Альбомы и синглы:
- She’s Gone / What Am I Going to Do? [09.1965, сингл]
- I Could Be Happy / People Ask Me Why [11.1965, сингл]
- The Third Eye / Your Love [04.1966, сингл]
- She’s Not Just Anybody / About Me [05.1966, сингл]
- We’re Not Just Anybody [2001, сборник]
|Baby What Am I Gonna Do||
|What Am I Gonna Do||