The Chuck Wagon Gang is a Southern gospel musical group, and long-running radio show, formed in 1935 by D.P. (Dad) Carter and son Jim (Ernest) and daughters Rose (Lola) and Anna (Effie). The group got their first radio break as sponsored singers for Bewley Flour in 1936. The "Gang" signed with Columbia Records and remained with them for 39 years, creating a world record with them that lasted until 2000, when Johnny Mathis' overall contract with the same label (combining both his signage in 1957 and re-signage in 1968) entered its 40th year. At one point they were Columbia's number one selling group with excess of over 39 million in record sales.
The Chuck Wagon Gang has performed at Carnegie Hall, the Hollywood Bowl, and the Grand Ole Opry. The group has been inducted into the Gospel Music Hall of Fame and the Smithsonian Institution's classic American recordings.
The group was founded in 1935 broadcasting from radioЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- Higher: 1940 Dallas Session [альбом]
- Joy Bells Ringing In My Soul [альбом]
- Keep on Keepin' On [альбом]
- Leave the Light On [альбом]
- Still Rollin [альбом]
- He's Coming Again / Jesus Hold My Hand [1941, сингл]
- Prayers In Song [1959, альбом]
- Amazing Grace [1993, альбом]
- Headed for the Promised Land [1998, альбом]
- 16 Country Gospel Favorities [сборник]
|Looking For A City||