The Capitols were a Detroit, Michigan-based soul trio widely known in the late 1960s for their Billboard hit single "Cool Jerk".
The R&B trio formed in 1962 as "The Caps," with Samuel George as the lead vocalist and drummer, Don Storball (birth name: Don Norman) on backup vocals and guitar, and Richard Mitchell (birth name: Richard McDougall) on backup vocals and keyboard. After playing predominantly small gigs, they were discovered by former Ann Arbor radio DJ Ollie McLaughlin after performing at a local dance headlined by Barbara Lewis. After signing with the Karen record label, owned by McLaughlin, the group went on to record and release their first single in 1963, "Dog and Cat/The Kick". The record displayed the upbeat energy of their later work, however the juvenile nature and lyrics of the song couldn't find a substantial audience. In light of the disappointing performanceЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- Dog and Cat / The Kick [1963, сингл]
- Cool Jerk / Hello Stranger [1966, сингл]
- Dance the Cool Jerk [1966, альбом]
- We Got a Thing That's in the Groove / Tired of Runnin' From You [1966, сингл]
- Zig-Zagging / I Got to Handle It [1966, сингл]
- Cool Pearl / Don't Say Maybe Baby [1967, сингл]
- Take a Chance on Me Baby / Patty Cake [1967, сингл]
- Afro Twist / Cool Jerk '68 [1968, сингл]
- Ain't That Terrible / Soul Brother, Soul Sister [1968, сингл]
- I Thought She Loved Me / When You're in Trouble [1969, сингл]
- When You're in Trouble / Soul Soul [1969, сингл]
- Cool Jerk / The Jerk [1979, сингл]