The Besnard Lakes are a Canadian indie rock band from Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Formed in 2003 by the husband and wife team of Jace Lasek and Olga Goreas, two of their four albums have been nominated for the Polaris Music Prize.
The band are currently a four-piece centered around the atmospheric songs of Lasek and Goreas, whose expansive sound draws from numerous aspects of rock 'n' roll history. The band's name comes from Besnard Lake in North-Central Saskatchewan. The band's second album, The Besnard Lakes Are the Dark Horse was recorded at singer Lasek's own Breakglass Studios, with members of Stars, The Dears and Godspeed You! Black Emperor/Silver Mt. Zion making guest appearances. It was nominated for the 2007 Polaris Music Prize. Many songs on The Besnard Lakes Are the Dark Horse are prefaced by recordings from shortwave radio number stations as first made popular in recordings such as The Conet ProjectЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- Volume I [2003, альбом]
- Would Anybody Come to Visit Me [05.11.2005, сингл]
- Dark Horse Transmissions [2006, макси-сингл]
- The Besnard Lakes Are the Dark Horse [20.02.2007, альбом]
- Casino Nanaimo [11.09.2007, сингл]
- Albatross [09.02.2010, сингл]
- The Besnard Lakes Are the Roaring Night [08.03.2010, альбом]
- You Lived in the City [22.09.2011, макси-сингл]
- Until In Excess, Imperceptible UFO [02.04.2013, альбом]
- 2008-06-16: Kool Haus, Toronto, ON, Canada