The Surfaris were an American surf rock band formed in Glendora, California in 1962. They are best known for two songs that hit the charts in the Los Angeles area, and nationally by May 1963: "Surfer Joe" and "Wipe Out", which were the A-side and B-side of the same 45 rpm single.
The original band members were Ron Wilson (drums, vocals), Jim Fuller (lead guitar), Bob Berryhill (rhythm guitar) and Pat Connolly (bass).
In the fall of 1962, Southern California high school students Jim Fuller and Pat Connolly called friend and guitarist Berryhill for a practice session at Berryhill's house. The trio practiced for about 4 hours and met drummer Wilson at a high school dance later that evening, whereupon the band was born. "Wipe Out" was written and recorded by the quartet later that winter, with the song reaching #2 nationally in 1963 before becoming an international hit.
Saxophone player Jim Pash joined afterЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- The Surfaris Play [1963, альбом]
- Wipe Out [1963, альбом]
- Surfer Joe / Wipe Out [03.1963, сингл]
- Fun City, U.S.A. [1964, альбом]
- Hit City 64 [1964, альбом]
- Hit City '65 [1965, альбом]
- Surf Party!: The Best of the Surfaris Live!
- Gone With the Wave [сборник]
- Surfers Rule [сборник]
- Wipe Out! The Best of the Surfaris [1994, сборник]
- Hit City 64 / Fun City, USA [2005, сборник]
- Fun City, U.S.A. / Wipe Out [05.08.2008, сборник]
|Image Of A Girl||