The Supernaturals are a 5-piece guitar-based indie rock band from Glasgow, Scotland. Fronted by singer-songwriter James McColl, they signed to Parlophone in 1996, and had a string of singles which were taken from their three albums and four EPs. Other members included Mark Guthrie, Derek McManus, Gavin Crawford and Ken McAlpine. The band's best known songs ("Smile" and "I Wasn't Built To Get Up") were featured prominently in a series of television advertisements. In total they scored five Top 40 entries in the UK Singles Chart.
The band's sound is similar to many 1960s rock bands, with elements of 1990s synth culture, especially later on.
The band were nominated for an Ivor Novello Award in 1998 for best contemporary song for "Smile" along with The Verve's "The Drugs Don't Work" and Radiohead's "No Surprises". The band won a Tartan Clef award in 1997 as the best new Scottish band.
Songs are often related toЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- What We Did Last Summer [сингл]
- Smile [05.07.1996, сингл]
- Lazy Lover [14.10.1996, сингл]
- Love Has Passed Away [1997, сингл]
- The Day Before Yesterday's Man [1997, сингл]
- It Doesn’t Matter Anymore [01.06.1997, альбом]
- A Tune a Day [1998, альбом]
- Sheffield Song (I Love Her More Than I Love You) [1998, сингл]
- I Wasn't Built to Get Up [20.07.1998, сингл]
- Everest [01.03.1999, сингл]
- What We Did Last Summer [03.06.2002, альбом]
- Life Is a Motorway [01.07.2002, сингл]
- 360 [01.03.2015, альбом]