Stroke 9 is an alternative rock band that was formed in the San Francisco Bay Area in 1989.
The band formed due to a "Rock Band" class at Marin Academy in San Rafael, just north of San Francisco. In 1990, as a project, students Luke Esterkyn, Greg Gueldner, Tom Haddad and Kirsten Stromberg went to Jim Reitzel's Right Sole Studio in Kentfield, California. They produced a demo containing five songs, including "Blindness", "Wild", and "Dream Song". After spring that year, they took their final half-semester off during Senior Project to form the band Stroke 9 for full credit. They set up in Esterkyn's basement, and started writing songs for their next demo.
Stroke 9 had their first "official" live performance at Caffe Nuvo in San Anselmo. They split up for the summer and didn't get back together until the summer of 1991. However, Tom Haddad and Kirsten Stromberg had no desire to revive Stroke 9. Therefore, Esterkyn andЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- Café Cuts: A Collection of Acoustic Favorites [альбом]
- Boy Meets Girl [04.05.1993, альбом]
- Bumper to Bumper [1995, альбом]
- Nasty Little Thoughts [07.09.1999, альбом]
- Stroke 9 [2001, альбом]
- Rip It Off [2002, альбом]
- All In [09.11.2004, альбом]
- The Last of the International Playboys [05.06.2007, альбом]
- Hidden Treasures [2004, сборник]