Stonewall Jackson (born November 6, 1932) is an American country singer and musician who achieved his greatest fame during country's "golden" honky tonk era in the 1950s and early 1960s.
Jackson, born in Tabor City, North Carolina, is the youngest of three children. Stonewall is not a nickname; he was named after the Confederate Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson. Some publicity for the singer claimed he was a descendant of the general, although this is extremely unlikely. (General Jackson's only descendants are through his daughter Julia's marriage to William Edmund Christian, and these descendants consequently do not bear the surname "Jackson"; thus, if the musician were to have been descended from the general, it would have to be an indirect descent.)
Stonewall's father died when he was two and his mother moved the family to South Georgia. Jackson grew up thereЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- The Dynamic Stonewall Jackson [альбом]
- Waterloo / Smoke Along the Track [1959, сингл]
- The Great Old Songs [1968, альбом]
- A Tribute to Hank Williams [1969, альбом]
- American Originals [26.05.1989, альбом]
- 19 Great Country Songs [сборник]
- Best Of [сборник]
- Stonewall Jackson [сборник]
- Waterloo [30.08.2004, сборник]