The Squirrel Nut Zippers are an American band formed in 1993 in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States, by James "Jimbo" Mathus (vocals and guitar), Tom Maxwell (vocals and guitar), Katharine Whalen (vocals, banjo, and ukulele), Chris Phillips on drums, Don Raleigh on bass and sideman Ken Mosher.
While the band's eclectic fusion of Delta blues, gypsy jazz, 1930s–era swing, klezmer, and other styles makes them hard to categorize, their unique music found a niche in the late 1990s, when the band met with national recognition and commercial success, sometimes associated with the Swing Revival of the same period. They found their greatest success with the 1996 single "Hell", penned by Tom Maxwell.
After a hiatus of several years, the original band members reunited and took to the stage again in 2007, playing select dates around the United States and Canada through 2008. Since that time, the band's website mentions only sporadic activity.Читать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- The Inevitable [17.03.1995, альбом]
- Hot [04.06.1996, альбом]
- Sold Out [02.09.1997, альбом]
- Roasted Right [14.10.1997, макси-сингл]
- Perennial Favorites [04.08.1998, альбом]
- Christmas Caravan [06.10.1998, альбом]
- Bedlam Ballroom [17.10.2000, альбом]
- Lost at Sea 
- In Store Play Sampler Fall 1998 [1998, сборник]
- In-Store Play Sampler [1998, сборник]
- The Best of Squirrel Nut Zippers as Chronicled by Shorty Brown [01.10.2002, сборник]