The Showcase Showdown was an American band that was a fixture in Boston's punk rock scene in the 1990s. The band toured the Northeast extensively and became notorious for their tongue-in-cheek songs, often about obscure cultural icons from political history, television shows and comic books. Its name was among these references, referring to the "Showcase Showdown," a game play element on the game show The Price Is Right.
Showcase Showdown released only two full-length albums, Appetite of Kings and Permanent Stains. They released much of their work on 7" vinyl singles and cassettes, and were featured on several split EPs including a split with Blanks 77 entitled "Drunk at the Karaoke Bar" featuring duets by mostly inebriated members of both bands.
The lineup of the group consisted of Albert "Ping Pong" Genna on vocals, Victoria Arthur on bass, Tom Cloherty on guitar, and Steve "Chez NipsЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- All the Presidents' Heads [1994, сингл]
- Christmas EP [1995, макси-сингл]
- Ho Ho Ho Chi Minh! / Merry Christmas I Fucked Your Snowman [1995, макси-сингл]
- Appetite of Kings [1996, альбом]
- Assemble Your Own Dictator [1997, макси-сингл]
- Permanent Stains [1999, альбом]
|Rip Em Off||
|They Saved George The Thirds Brain||