Shirley Elizabeth Collins MBE (born 5 July 1935) is an English-British folk singer who was a significant contributor to the English Folk Revival of the 1960s and 1970s. She often performed and recorded with her sister Dolly, whose accompaniment on piano and portative organ created unique settings for her sister's plain, austere singing style.
Shirley Collins and her older sister, Dolly, grew up in the Hastings area of East Sussex in a family which kept alive a great love of traditional song. Songs learnt from their grandfather and from their mother's sister, Grace Winborn, were to be important in the sisters' repertoire throughout their career.
On leaving school, at the age of 17, Collins enrolled at a teachers' training college in Tooting, south London. However, in London she also involved herself in the early folk revival and in 1954, at a party hosted by Ewan MacColl, she met Alan Lomax, the famousЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- Adieu to Old England [альбом]
- For as Many as Will [альбом]
- Fountain of Snow [альбом]
- Love, Death and the Lady [альбом]
- Sweet England [1959, альбом]
- Folk Roots, New Routes [1964, альбом]
- The Sweet Primeroses [1967, альбом]
- The Power of the True Love Knot [1968, альбом]
- No Roses [1971, альбом]
- The Holly Bears the Crown [01.11.1995, альбом]
- Anthems in Eden [1999, альбом]
- False True Lovers [24.11.2008, альбом]
- Sing Christmas and the Turn of the Year [10.10.2000]
- The Classic Shirley Collins [сборник]
- Within Sound [29.11.2002, сборник]
- Snapshots [20.03.2006, сборник]
- The Harvest Years [2008, сборник]
|Little Gypsy Girl||