Sander L. "Sandy" Nelson (born December 1, 1938) is an American drummer. Nelson, one of the best-known rock drummers of the early 1960s, had several solo instrumental Top 40 hits and was a session drummer on many other well-known hits, and released over 30 albums. He lives in Boulder City, Nevada, and continues to experiment with music on keyboards and piano.
His first recording, with a band called the Renegades (Richard Podolor, Bruce Johnston and Nick Venet), was "Geronimo", written by Venet, produced by Kim Fowley and released on the Original Sound Records label. Although it flopped on the national charts, it charted in some of the Mid West markets. The song, along with "Charge", is part of the soundtrack of 1959 film Ghost of Dragstrip Hollow released by American International Pictures.
Nelson attended high school with Jan Berry, Dean Torrence (who became Jan and Dean), and Kim Fowley. After gainingЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- Teen Beat / Big Jump [1959, сингл]
- Teen Beat [1960, альбом]
- Compelling Percussion [1962, альбом]
- Drummin' Up a Storm [1962, альбом]
- Drums Are My Beat! [1962, альбом]
- Boss Beat [1965, альбом]
- Drums A Go-Go [1965, альбом]
- In" Beat [1966, альбом]
- Superdrums! [1966, альбом]
- Drums and More Drums! [1968, альбом]
- King of the Drums - His Greatest Hits [04.04.1995, альбом]
- Beat That Drum / Be True to Your School [1996, альбом]
- Drummin' Up a Storm / Compelling Percussion [1996, альбом]
- Plays Teen Beat / He's a Drummer Boy [1996, альбом]
- Country Style / Teenage House Party [2000, альбом]
- Golden Hits / The Best of the Beats [2000, альбом]
- Rock 'n' Rock Drum Beat [2004, альбом]
- Let There Be Drums / Drums Are My Beat [1996, сборник]
|Drums A Go Go||