Said the Whale is a Vancouver-based indie rock band started by Ben Worcester and Tyler Bancroft in 2007.
Their debut EP Taking Abalonia was released in 2007. It was re-released with seven new songs on June 3, 2008 in Canada as a full-length LP under the name Howe Sounds/Taking Abalonia.
On July 1, 2009, Said the Whale released the EP The Magician to drum up anticipation for the release of their second full-length album Islands Disappear on October 13, 2009.
On November 18, 2010, the band placed second behind rapper Kyprios in CKPK-FM's 2010 Peak Performance Project, winning $75,000.
In the spring of 2011, Said the Whale toured the U.S. for the first time. During this time they were the subject of the CBC documentary Winning America directed by Brent Hodge and Thomas Buchan. The movie documented the bands trip and shows along the West Coast on their way to and fromЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- Howe Sounds / Taking Abalonia [03.06.2008, альбом]
- The Magician [01.07.2009, сингл]
- The Magician [01.07.2009, макси-сингл]
- Islands Disappear [13.10.2009, альбом]
- Bear Bones [16.02.2010, макси-сингл]
- New Brighton [2011, макси-сингл]
- Little Mountain [06.03.2012, альбом]
- I Love You [04.05.2013, макси-сингл]
- hawaiii [17.09.2013, альбом]