Rheostatics was a Genie Award-winning Canadian indie rock band, active from 1980 to 2007.
Although they had only one Top 40 hit, "Claire" in 1995, they were simultaneously one of Canada's most influential and unconventional rock bands, a band whose eclectic take on pop and rock music has been described both as iconic and iconoclastic. In particular, two of the band's albums, Whale Music and Melville, have been cited in numerous critical and listener polls as among the best Canadian albums ever recorded.
Formed in Etobicoke, Ontario in 1978, the band played their first gig at a club called The Edge in February 1980. The band originally consisted of guitarist Dave Bidini, bassist Tim Vesely, drummer Rod Westlake and keyboard player Dave Crosby. Westlake left the band almost immediately, however, and was replaced by Dave Clark. Crosby left the band inЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- Bad Time to Be Poor [сингл]
- Greatest Hits [1987, альбом]
- Melville [1991, альбом]
- Whale Music [1992, альбом]
- Music from the Motion Picture Whale Music [1994, саундтрек]
- Introducing Happiness [09.08.1994, альбом]
- Music Inspired by the Group of 7 [1995, альбом]
- The Blue Hysteria [1996, альбом]
- Mrs Torrance Double Feature [1997, сингл]
- The Nightlines Sessions [1998, альбом]
- The Story of Harmelodia [1999, альбом]
- Night of the Shooting Stars [2001, альбом]
- 2067 [2004, альбом]
- 1997-03-08: CBC Realtime
- Double Live 
- The Whale Music Concert, 1992 [15.02.2005]