- For eucalyptus species, see Red Gum; or for the deciduous tree see American Sweetgum.
Redgum was an Australian folk and political music group formed in Adelaide in 1975 by singer-songwriter John Schumann, Michael Atkinson on guitars/vocals and Verity Truman on flute/vocals; they were soon joined by Chris Timms on violin. All four had been students at Flinders University and together developed an intensely passionate and outspoken outlook. They are best known for their protest song exploring the impact of war in 1983's "I Was Only Nineteen (A Walk in the Light Green)", which peaked at #1 on the National singles charts. The song is in the Australasian Performing Right Association (APRA) list of Top 30 of All Time Best Australian Songs created in 2001.
Redgum also covered Australian consumer influences on surrounding nations in 1984's "I've Been To Bali Too", both hit singles were written by Schumann. "The Diamantina Drover", written by Timms' replacementЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- If You Don't Fight You Lose [1978, альбом]
- Virgin Ground [11.1980, альбом]
- Brown Rice & Kerosine [1981, альбом]
- Cut to the Quick [1982, макси-сингл]
- I Was Only 19 [03.1983, сингл]
- Frontline [08.1984, альбом]
- Midnight Sun [1986, альбом]
- 4 Play, Volume 19 [03.1988, макси-сингл]
- Caught in the Act 
- Redgum's Greatest: Everything's Legal - Anything Goes [1985, сборник]
- Against the Grain [2004, сборник]
- The Essential [27.05.2011, сборник]