Patricia Ann Cole, known professionally as P. P. Arnold (born October 3, 1946), is an American soul singer who enjoyed considerable success in the United Kingdom from the 1960s onwards.
Arnold was born into a family of gospel singers, Arnold performed as a vocal soloist for the first time when she was four years old. Her family lived in the African-American Watts ghetto of Los Angeles.
Arnold married early and had two children, Kevin and Debbie. She worked two jobs, one in an office and the other in food manufacturing, until 1964, when Maxine Smith, an ex-girlfriend of her brother, contacted her with an offer. Maxine and her friend Gloria Scott had managed to arrange an audition for three girls to replace the original Ikettes, the dancer/singer troupe that provided vocal and dance accompaniment for the Ike & Tina Turner Revue. Smith contacted Arnold, whom she knew to be a singer. At theЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- Everything's Gonna Be Alright [03.02.1967, сингл]
- The First Cut Is the Deepest [21.04.1967, сингл]
- The Time Has Come [07.1967, сингл]
- (If You Think You're) Groovy [05.01.1968, сингл]
- The First Lady of Immediate [04.1968, альбом]
- Angel of the Morning [06.1968, сингл]
- Kafunta [08.1968, альбом]
- The First Cut Is the Deepest [03.1969, сингл]
- Electric Dreams [1984, сингл]
- Five In The Afternoon [10.09.2007, альбом]
- The First Cut [1998, сборник]
- The Best of P.P. Arnold [29.03.1999, сборник]
- The First Cut [28.05.2001, сборник]
|Angel Of The Morning||
|If You Think Youre Groovy||