Port O'Brien was an American musical group combining elements of acoustic, folk and indie rock.
They were named after a bay in Alaska featuring a now-abandoned cannery on Kodiak Island where founder member Van Pierszalowski's parents met. They started out as a folk music duo of Cambria Goodwin and Van Pierszalowski while Cambria was living in Cambria, California and Van was living in Oakland. After Cambria moved closer to Oakland they added a rhythm section composed of Caleb Nichols and Joshua Barnhart.
The band has toured nationally with artists such as Nada Surf, Bright Eyes and The Cave Singers and toured Europe with Modest Mouse, as well as receiving favourable reviews from Pitchfork Media, Allmusic, and The Times. M. Ward named Port O'Brien his "favorite new band".
To date the band has released three albums; a compilation of self-recorded and early tracks called The Wind and the Swell on American Dust Records and a studio-recorded albumЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- When the Rain Comes [2005, альбом]
- Nowhere to Run [2006, макси-сингл]
- The Wind and the Swell [31.07.2007, альбом]
- Close the Lid [2008, сингл]
- All We Could Do Was Sing [13.05.2008, альбом]
- Threadbare [06.10.2009, альбом]
- Daytrotter Session [06.02.2008]
- Daytrotter Session [03.04.2008]