Peter Blegvad (born August 14, 1951) is an American musician, singer-songwriter, writer, and cartoonist. He was a founding member of German/English avant-pop band Slapp Happy, which later merged briefly with Henry Cow, and has released many solo and collaborative albums. He is the son of Lenore and Erik Blegvad, who were respectively, a children's book author and illustrator.
Peter Blegvad's life began in America – he was born in New York City and originally raised in Connecticut. When he was 14, the Blegvad family moved to England in 1965, unhappy with the social climate of America following the assassination of John F. Kennedy and the threat posed by the Vietnam draft to Peter and his younger brother Kristoffer. Blegvad was educated at St Christopher School, Letchworth, a boarding school where he met his musical collaborator Anthony Moore. Moore and Blegvad played in various bands during their schooldays, alongsideЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- Kew. Rhone. [1977, альбом]
- The Naked Shakespeare [1983, альбом]
- Knights Like This [1985, альбом]
- King Strut and Other Stories [28.11.1990, альбом]
- Just Woke Up [01.07.1996, альбом]
- Downtime [1998, альбом]
- Hangman's Hill [1998, альбом]
- Choices Under Pressure [08.05.2001, альбом]
- Orpheus: The Lowdown [23.02.2004, альбом]
- Gonwards [12.11.2012, альбом]