Paul Douglas Freeman (January 2, 1936 – July 21, 2015) was an American conductor, born in Richmond, Virginia.
Freeman was a conductor, composer, and founder of the Chicago Sinfonietta. Freeman earned bachelor, master, and doctoral degrees from the Eastman School of Music. A Fulbright Scholarship enabled him to study for two years at the Hochshule für Musik (University for Music) in Berlin, Germany with Ewald Lindemann. He later studied conducting with Pierre Monteux at the American Symphony Orchestra.
While pursuing graduate studies at Eastman, Freeman began his conducting career as the music director of the Opera Theatre of Rochester for six years. He then held posts as associate conductor of the Dallas Symphony Orchestra from 1968-1970 and Detroit Symphony Orchestra from 1970-1979. These were followed by a stint as principal guest conductor of the Helsinki Philharmonic. From 1979 to 1989Читать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- Kabalevsky: Piano Concerto no. 3 / Muczynski: Piano Concerto no. 1 / A Serenade for Summer / Suite, op. 13 [1991, альбом]
- Broadway's Best [1992, альбом]
- Oboe Concertos of the Classical Era [1999, альбом]
- Symphony in D / Mass in B-flat [2001, альбом]
- Aspects of Rogers and Hammerstein: The King and I / The Sound of Music / South Pacific [1996, сборник]
- African Heritage Symphonic Series, Volume I [2000, сборник]
- Piano Concertos [27.09.2005, сборник]