Omar & the Howlers is a Texas based electric blues and blues rock band, The original Howlers was formed in Hattiesburg, Mississippi in 1973. Three years later they moved to Austin, Texas. The band has regularly toured European countries.
Dykes grew up in McComb, Mississippi, began playing the guitar at age 12 and started his first band at 13. In his 20s, he gathered a group of musicians who started calling themselves 'the Howlers'. They specialized in frat parties and were a party band, playing music that included both "R&B, R&R and even the occasional polka and western swing tune". Dykes has said he remembers these days fondly. It was around this time that he started calling himself Omar and developed his penchant for the blues.
In 1976, the Howlers relocated to Austin, Texas, at the time sporting a bustling music scene, home to such up-and-coming artists as Stevie Ray Vaughan and Eric JohnsonЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- Big Leg Beat [1980, альбом]
- I Told You So [1984, альбом]
- Hard Times in the Land of Plenty [1987, альбом]
- Wall of Pride [1988, альбом]
- Monkey Land [03.1990, альбом]
- Courts of Lulu [1992, альбом]
- Muddy Springs Road [1995, альбом]
- World Wide Open [1995, альбом]
- Southern Style [1996, альбом]
- Swingland [1998, альбом]
- The Screamin' Cat [2000, альбом]
- Big Delta [2001, альбом]
- Boogie Man [2004, альбом]
- I'm Gone [19.06.2012, альбом]
- Too Much Is Not Enough [16.10.2012, альбом]
- Live at the Paradiso 
- Live at the Opera House: Austin, Texas August 30, 1987 
- Bamboozled: Live in Germany