The Nashville Bluegrass Band is an American bluegrass music ensemble founded in 1984.
The group's members first played together in 1984 as a backing band for Vernon Oxford and Minnie Pearl; each of the members were established musicians from the Nashville bluegrass community. They signed to Rounder Records and recorded their Béla Fleck-produced debut, My Native Home, in 1985. Incorporating elements of black gospel and spirituals, then a rarity in bluegrass, they became critical and popular successes both in America and abroad. The group toured in some 20 countries and were the first bluegrass band to ever play in China.
The group continued to record for Rounder and Sugar Hill into the 1990s; two of the albums, 1993's Waitin' for the Hard Times to Go and 1995's Unleashed, won Grammy Awards for Best Bluegrass Album. Other albums were nominated for Grammys in the same category in 1988, 1990, 1991, 1998 and 2004. After the departure of bassist GeneЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- My Native Home [1985, альбом]
- To Be His Child [1987, альбом]
- Home of the Blues [1991, альбом]
- Waitin' for the Hard Times to Go [1993, альбом]
- The Boys Are Back in Town [19.10.1993, альбом]
- Unleashed [10.1995, альбом]
- American Beauty [21.07.1998, альбом]
- Twenty Year Blues [10.08.2004, альбом]
- The Nashville Bluegrass Band [1987, сборник]