The Music Tapes is an experimental pop music and performance art project of Elephant 6 member Julian Koster (also of Neutral Milk Hotel). The Music Tapes is characterized by unusual orchestrations (such as singing saw and bowed banjo), the use of musique concrète and narrative storytelling, vintage home-recording practices, and musical inventions (like the 7-foot Tall Metronome and Static the Singing Television). They are also known for their unique live performances, such as the Caroling and Lullaby tours that bring them into the homes of fans, and theatrical shows like The Traveling Imaginary, which takes place in a circus tent.
The Music Tapes started life as a creative outlet for the 16-year-old Koster, who would create tapes of songs and stories, as means of escapism, which he would shareЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- Please Hear Mr. Flight Control [1997, сингл]
- The Television Tells Us [12.1998, сингл]
- 1st Imaginary Symphony for Nomad [06.07.1999, альбом]
- Cosmic Singles Club [03.2000, сингл]
- The 2nd Imaginary Symphony for Cloudmaking [2002, альбом]
- Music Tapes for Clouds and Tornadoes [19.08.2008, альбом]
- Purim's Shadows (The Dark Tours the World) [2011, макси-сингл]
- Mary's Voice [04.09.2012, альбом]
|Takeshi And Elijah||