Mindy Smith (born June 1, 1972 on Long Island, New York) is an American singer-songwriter. Her music can be classified as folk, country, Americana, bluegrass, pop, rock, and alternative.
Smith was adopted at birth by a pastor and his wife. She has a brother and two sisters (Shannon, Kim and Don), and she grew up on Long Island, where she developed a passion for music and began singing at an early age. After her mother's death from cancer in 1991, Smith moved to Cincinnati for two years and then to Knoxville, Tennessee and, in 1998, she moved to Nashville to pursue a career in music.
Smith gained popularity in 2003 when she was asked to contribute to the Dolly Parton tribute album Just Because I'm a Woman by her label, Vanguard Records. Her contribution to the project was a cover of Parton's classic "Jolene". Dolly Parton followed by adding backingЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- One Moment More [2003, альбом]
- Down the Alley [2004, макси-сингл]
- Long Island Shores [10.10.2006, альбом]
- My Holiday [09.10.2007, альбом]
- Stupid Love [11.08.2009, альбом]
- Mindy Smith [26.06.2012, альбом]
- Anymore of This [04.01.2013, сингл]
- Snowed In [29.10.2013, макси-сингл]
- 2005-10-23: Paste Festival, Atlanta, GA, USA
- The Essential Mindy Smith [09.10.2012, сборник]