Milton Sims "Mickey" Newbury, Jr. (May 19, 1940 – September 29, 2002) was an American songwriter, a critically acclaimed recording artist, and a member of the Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame.
Newbury was born in Houston, Texas on May 19, 1940 to Maime and Milton Newbury. As a teenager, Newbury sang tenor in a moderately successful vocal group called The Embers. The group opened for several famous performers, such as Sam Cooke and Johnny Cash. Although Newbury tried to make a living from his music by singing in clubs, he put his musical career on hold at age 19 when he joined the Air Force. After four years in the military, he again set his sights on making a living as a songwriter. Before long, he moved to Nashville and signed to the prestigious publishing company Acuff-Rose Music. In 1966, country star Don Gibson had a Top Ten country hit withЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- Lovers [альбом]
- Nights When I Am Sane [альбом]
- Rusty Tracks / His Eye Is on the Sparrow [альбом]
- The Sailor / After All These Years [альбом]
- Harlequin Melodies [1968, альбом]
- Looks Like Rain [1969, альбом]
- Frisco Mabel Joy [1971, альбом]
- Heaven Help the Child [1973, альбом]
- I Came to Hear the Music [1974, альбом]
- Live At Montezuma Hall 
- An American Trilogy [16.05.2011, сборник]
- Better Days [17.05.2011, сборник]