Michael Hurley (born c. December 20, 1941) is an American folk singer who was essential to the Greenwich folk music scene of the 1960s and 1970s. He is able to play a wide variety of instruments. Michael Hurley is also a cartoonist and a painter.
Michael Hurley's music is often described as "outsider folk."
Before starting his recording career Hurley contracted mononucleosis and needed to wait several years until he could sign to a record label. Hurley's debut album, First Songs, was recorded for Folkways Records in 1965 on the same reel-to-reel machine that taped Lead Belly's Last Sessions. He was discovered by blues and jazz historian Frederick Ramsey III, and subsequently championed by boyhood friend Jesse Colin Young, who released his 2nd & 3rd albums on The Youngbloods' Warner Bros. imprint, Raccoon. In the late 1970s, Hurley made three albums for Rounder, all of which have since beenЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- Bellemeade Sessions [альбом]
- Sweetkorn [альбом]
- The Woodbill Brothers [альбом]
- First Songs [1964, альбом]
- Armchair Boogie [1971, альбом]
- Have Moicy! [1976, альбом]
- Long Journey [01.01.1976, альбом]
- Snockgrass [1980, альбом]
- Blue Navigator Plus [1984, альбом]
- Wolfways [10.1995, альбом]
- Ancestral Swamp [18.09.2007, альбом]
- Hi Fi Snock Uptown [сборник]
|Animal Song If I Could Ramble Like A Hound||
|Automatic Slim And The Fat Boys||
|Be Kind To Me||
|Ghost Woman Blues||
|You Got To Say||