McCarthy were a British indie pop band, formed in Barking, Essex, England in 1984 by schoolmates Malcolm Eden (voice and guitar) and Tim Gane (lead guitar) with John Williamson (bass guitar) and Gary Baker (drums). Lætitia Sadier later joined the band on vocals on their third studio album Banking, Violence and the Inner Life Today.
They mixed a sweetly melodic style, dominated by Gane's 12-string guitar playing, with Eden's overtly political lyrics, often satirical in tone, which reflected the band's far left leanings.
Eden, Gane and Williamson met at Barking Abbey Comprehensive School. Gane was originally a drummer, but was initially taught to play guitar by Eden, who also taught Williamson the basics of bass. Eden and Gane were fans of punk groups such as the Sex Pistols, The Clash, and Buzzcocks, and they covered their songs in small gigs as teenagers. Baker joined in 1984, and with the new line-up deciding on the nameЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- In Purgatory [1985, сингл]
- Frans Hals [1986, сингл]
- Red Sleeping Beauty [1986, сингл]
- The Well Of Loneliness [1987, макси-сингл]
- Should the Bible Be Banned? [1988, сингл]
- This Nelson Rockefeller [1988, макси-сингл]
- At War [1989, макси-сингл]
- I Am a Wallet [1989, альбом]
- Keep An Open Mind Or Else [1989, сингл]
- Get A Knife Between Your Teeth [1990, сингл]
- Banking, Violence and the Inner Life Today [04.1990, альбом]
- I Am a Wallet / Banking, Violence and the Inner Life Today [24.02.1997, альбом]
- The Enraged Will Inherit the Earth [27.04.1998, альбом]
- A La Guillotine [1987, сборник]
- That's All Very Well but... The Best of McCarthy [1996, сборник]
|An Mp Speaks||
|This Nelson Rockefeller||