Graham Matthew Jay (10 October 1978 – 25 September 2003) was an English singer-songwriter, who was often likened to artists such as Nick Drake, Badly Drawn Boy, and Jeff Buckley.
The son of two folk musicians, he was born in Plymouth, England, and moved to Abergavenny, South Wales with his family when he was ten. He then moved to Nottingham after getting signed.
Jay began song writing in earnest aged 15, and at this time his primary influences included The Beatles, Queen, David Bowie and The Beach Boys.
In 1999, aged 20, he produced a demo of original songs, recorded with his older brother Eddy. This secured him a record deal with EMI-backed Food Records, and led to the commercial releases in 2000 of the critically acclaimed EPs Four Songs and Friendly Fire.
The next release was the debut album Draw, from which three singles were taken: "Let Your Shoulder Fall", "Please DonЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- Call My Name Out [сингл]
- Friendly Fire [макси-сингл]
- Let Your Shoulder Fall [сингл]
- Please Don't Send Me Away [сингл]
- Four Songs [2000, макси-сингл]
- Drawing Circles [2001, сингл]
- Four Minute Rebellion [2001, макси-сингл]
- Please Don't Send Me Away [2001, сингл]
- Draw [09.04.2001, альбом]
- Draw (Free CD Sampler) [сборник]
- Independent Mind [прочее]
|Call My Name Out||
|Let Your Shoulders Fall||
|Please Dont Send Me Away||
|Youre Always Going Too Soon||