Matanza is a Brazilian rock band from Rio de Janeiro. Their music is a blend of hardcore punk, country and heavy metal, thus falling into a subgenre known as countrycore.
Matanza was formed in 1996 by Jimmy London and Donida, with the idea of exploring the simple and straightforward melodies of the early career of the American singer Johnny Cash, adapted to the drum tempo of Scottish punk band The Exploited. With drummer Nervoso and bassist Diba, they recorded a demo in 1998 called Terror em Dashville.
In 1999, a new recording would attract the attention of producer Rafael Ramos of Deckdisc, and lead Matanza to sign with the now-defunct Abril Music for the release of their first CD. With China on bass guitar, Santa Madre Cassino was recorded in December 2000, and released in March the following year, shortly before the band was dropped by their record label for the lack of a radio hit.
MatanzaЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- Terror em Dashville (Demo) [1998, альбом]
- Ela Roubou Meu Caminhão [2001, сингл]
- Santa Madre Cassino [2001, альбом]
- Música Para Beber e Brigar [2003, альбом]
- To Hell With Johnny Cash [2005, альбом]
- A arte do insulto [2006, альбом]
- Odiosa Natureza Humana [05.03.2011, альбом]
- Thunder Dope [2012, альбом]
- Pior Cenário Possível [14.04.2015, альбом]
- MTV Apresenta: Matanza [04.2008]
- Fundamental - Matanza [20.04.2015, сборник]