Mason Jennings (born March 19, 1975 in Honolulu, Hawaii) is an American pop-folk singer-songwriter. He is well known for his simple yet catchy melodies, intimate lyrics, literary and historical themes, and distinctive voice. His music has appeared in the surf film Shelter and he has toured extensively.
Born in Hawaii, Jennings moved with his family to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania at an early age. Jennings learned to play guitar at the age of 13, when he began writing songs. Jennings later dropped out of school and moved to Minneapolis to pursue his musical career.
Jennings produced his self-titled debut album in 1997 on an analog four-track in the living room of a rented home, playing all instruments himself. In October 1998, joined by drummer Chris Stock (a.k.a. Chris Stocksmith) and bassist Robert Skoro, he began a weekly gig at Minneapolis' 400 Bar as the Mason Jennings Band. The two week gig endedЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- Acoustic #3 [альбом]
- Mason Jennings [1997, альбом]
- Birds Flying Away [2000, альбом]
- Simple Life [2001, альбом]
- Century Spring [03.2002, альбом]
- Use Your Voice [10.02.2004, альбом]
- If You Need a Reason EP [2006, макси-сингл]
- Boneclouds [16.05.2006, альбом]
- In the Ever [20.05.2008, альбом]
- Blood of Man [15.09.2009, альбом]
- The Flood [23.11.2010, альбом]
- Minnesota [13.09.2011, альбом]
- Always Been [11.11.2013, альбом]
- Knife Fight / Caught In A Mess [24.10.2014, сингл]
- 2007-02-26: Phoenix, Toronto, ON, Canada
- Live at the Cave '99
- Daytrotter Session [20.05.2008]
- Living in the Moment [сборник]