John Martin "Marty" Stuart (born September 30, 1958) is an American country music singer-songwriter, known for both his traditional style, and eclectic merging of rockabilly, honky tonk, and traditional country music. In the early 1990s, he had a successful string of country hits.
Born in Philadelphia, Mississippi, Stuart is of French, English, Choctaw, and Colombian descent.
From an early age, he was obsessed with country music and taught himself how to play the guitar and mandolin. At the age of 12, Stuart started performing with the bluegrass group The Sullivan Family. He later met Lester Flatt bandmember Roland White. White invited Stuart to play with him and the Nashville Grass at the Labor Day gig in Delaware in 1972. After this, White asked him to join the band permanently and Stuart accepted. This made White responsible for the rest of Stuart's education. FourteenЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- Busy Bee Cafe [1982, альбом]
- Marty Stuart [1986, альбом]
- Hillbilly Rock [1989, альбом]
- Tempted [1991, альбом]
- Let There Be Country [1992, альбом]
- The Slim Richey Sessions [1992, альбом]
- This One's Gonna Hurt You [1992, альбом]
- Love and Luck [1994, альбом]
- Honky Tonkin's What I Do Best [1996, альбом]
- The Pilgrim [15.06.1999, альбом]
- All the Pretty Horses [16.01.2001, саундтрек]
- Badlands: Ballads of the Lakota [25.10.2005, альбом]
- Ghost Train - The Studio B Sessions [23.08.2010, альбом]
- Live at the Ryman [07.02.2006]
- Once Upon a Time [1992, сборник]
- The Marty Party Hit Pack [1995, сборник]
- 20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection: The Best of Marty Stuart [2002, сборник]
- Compadres: An Anthology of Duets [2007, сборник]