Los Indios Tabajaras was a guitar duo of two brothers from Ceará, in the Northeast of Brazil.
Their beginnings are not clear, though most stories have them becoming accomplished guitar players after finding a guitar near Ceará, Brazil in spite of the improbability of the story. Playing in Rio de Janeiro, they found success as Natalicio and Antenor Lima - dressing in ceremonial Indian costumes. Using classical guitars and playing transcriptions of classical violin and piano works, they were soon playing all over South America.
Probably as early as 1943, RCA's Latin American arm signed them to a recording contract. In the early 1950s, they took a break from performing and went back to study the guitar. After returning to the stage later that same decade, they released an album in the United States on an RCA-owned label Vox.
Throughout this period, they had a steady stream of releases on RCA in Mexico and one of these, a Mexican popular tune named "María ElenaЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- Beautiful Sounds [альбом]
- Maria Elena and Other Hits [альбом]
- Maria Elena, Volume 1 [альбом]
- Maria Elena [1963, сингл]
- Always in My Heart [1964, альбом]
- 20 Greatest Hits [сборник]
- 20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection: The Best of Los Índios Tabajaras [сборник]
- 21 Grandes Exitos [сборник]
- 24 Melodías Inolvidables [сборник]
- Best [сборник]
- Grandes Exitos [сборник]
- Romantic Serenades [1990, сборник]
- The Collection [30.05.1992, сборник]
- Serie Platino [1997, сборник]
- Maria Elena / Always in My Heart [21.10.1997, сборник]
- Los Indios Tabajaras [2000, сборник]
- 20 Grandes Exitos [2004, сборник]
- Maria Elena - The Best Of [12.06.2012, сборник]