Longwave is an American indie rock band. The band was formed in 1999 by guitarist, songwriter and vocalist Steve Schiltz; guitarist Shannon Ferguson; bassist David Marchese; and drummer Jeremy Greene. Their sound has been compared to Radiohead, The Strokes, and 1970s post-punk rockers Television, as well as elements of shoegaze.
Before Longwave formed, Schiltz played guitar in a band called Scout, featuring vocalist Ashen Keilyn.
A few months after Schiltz left his hometown of Rochester, New York, he returned to play regular gigs at the Blue Sunday coffee house with a group called The Deaf Aides, named for John Lennon's comments that open the Let It Be album. Later renamed Longwave, their revolving cast of members eventually included bassist Marchese and drummer Greene, followed by Ferguson, who had been working in a studio as a bassist for various bands on the West Coast. The band, based in New York CityЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- Pool Song/Only Just Hang On [сингл]
- There's A Fire [альбом]
- There's a Fire EP [макси-сингл]
- Endsongs [06.06.2000, альбом]
- Day Sleeper EP [2002, макси-сингл]
- Longwave [2002, макси-сингл]
- Everywhere You Turn [2003, сингл]
- The Strangest Things [18.03.2003, альбом]
- Life of the Party [2004, макси-сингл]
- Secrets Are Sinister [11.11.2008, альбом]