Ismaël Lô (also Ismaël Lo) is a Senegalese musician and actor. He was born in Dogondoutchi, Niger on 30 August 1956, to a Senegalese father and a Nigerien mother. Shortly after Lo's birth the family returned to Senegal where they settled in the town of Rufisque, near the capital Dakar. He plays guitar and harmonica.
In the 1970s, Lo studied at the School of Art in Dakar. He later joined the popular group Super Diamono, but left in 1984 to start a solo career. Over the next four years Lo recorded five popular solo albums.
In 1990, Lo signed a recording deal with Barclay and recorded in France his sixth solo album, Ismael Lo. Thanks to the success of the single "Tajabone" the album became a hit in the European charts. The album launched Lo’s international career.
Iso was recorded and released in 1994, and also became a success. The album contains soft guitar melodies and traditional Senegalese mbalax. The following year Lo toured in Africa. TheЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- Jammu Africa [макси-сингл]
- Ismael Lo [25.02.1992, альбом]
- Diawar [08.03.1994, альбом]
- Iso [26.07.1994, альбом]
- Natt [1996, альбом]
- Tajabone [1996, альбом]
- Dabah [28.01.2002, альбом]
- Sénégal [18.09.2006, альбом]
- Best of Plus [1996, сборник]
- Jammu Africa [03.02.1997, сборник]
- Tadieu bone [07.05.1999, сборник]
- The Balladeer: The Best Of [30.10.2001, сборник]
- Classic Titles [2006, сборник]