Linda Thompson (née Pettifer, 23 August 1947) is an English folk rock singer.
Thompson became one of the most recognised names and voices in the British folk rock movement of the 1970s and 1980s, in collaboration with her then husband and fellow British folk rock musician, guitarist Richard Thompson, and later as a solo artist.
Born in Hackney, London, she moved with her family to Glasgow, Scotland, at the age of six. Actor Brian Pettifer is her brother. Around 1966 she started singing in folk clubs, and in 1967 began studying modern languages at the University of London, but quit the latter after four months. She changed her name to Linda Peters. By day she sang advertising jingles, including one with Manfred Mann. She recorded the Bob Dylan song "You Ain't Going Nowhere", released as an MGM single in 1968 by Paul McNeill and Linda Peters, McNeill beingЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- One Clear Moment [1985, альбом]
- Fashionably Late [30.07.2002, альбом]
- Versatile Heart [14.08.2007, альбом]
- Won't Be Long Now [2013, альбом]
- Give Me a Sad Song [сборник]
- Dreams Fly Away: A History of Linda Thompson [02.07.1996, сборник]