Laurie Lewis (born September 28, 1950 in Long Beach, California), is an American bluegrass musician.
Lewis fell in love with American folk music as a teenager, at the sunset of the 1960s folk revival. She says of the Berkeley Folk Festivals where she first caught the folk bug:
"Oh, it was so exciting. Every night there were concerts, and during the day you'd be in a eucalyptus grove listening to someone making music with nothing between you and them. Every day I'd hear something new, Doc Watson or the Greenbriar Boys. Something about it just invited me to start playing it."
She began picking simple songs on the guitar, then the fiddle. After high school, she drifted away from the music, but always kept her fiddle under her bed, not knowing exactly why.
In her early 20s, she discovered the Bay Area bluegrass scene. To her, it was . .
Читать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- Laurie Lewis & Her Bluegrass Pals [альбом]
- Together [альбом]
- True Stories [альбом]
- Winter's Grace [альбом]
- Restless Rambling Heart [1986, альбом]
- Love Chooses You [1989, альбом]
- The Oak and the Laurel [1995, альбом]
- Seeing Things [1998, альбом]
- Guest House [2004, альбом]
- Blossoms [16.02.2010, альбом]
- 2010-06-05: Bluegrass for the Greenbelt, Dunsmuir-Hellman Historic Estate, Oakland, CA, USA
- Earth & Sky: Songs of Laurie Lewis [сборник]