Laurence Reginald Ward Johnson MBE (born 7 February 1927) is an English film and television composer, and bandleader.
Johnson was born in Hampstead, and studied at the Royal College of Music in London, and spent four years in the Coldstream Guards before moving to the entertainment industry in the 1950s. One of his first major projects was as composer and music director in a musical adaptation of Henry Fielding's Rape Upon Rape entitled Lock Up Your Daughters (1959), which opened in Bernard Miles' Mermaid Theatre. The score, with lyrics by Lionel Bart, won an Ivor Novello Award. Johnson's stage work included music for the Peter Cook revue, Pieces of Eight (1959), and The Four Musketeers (1967), starring Harry Secombe.
In 1961, Johnson entered the UK Singles Chart with "Sucu Sucu", the theme music from the UK television series Top Secret. It was in this area of televisionЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb [саундтрек]
- First Men in the Moon [1991, саундтрек]
- The Professionals [27.01.2007, альбом]
- The Music of Laurie Johnson [22.10.2007, альбом]
- The Belstone Fox [06.04.2015, саундтрек]
- The Avengers [1982, сборник]
- The Rose and the Gun: The Music of Laurie Johnson [06.12.1993, сборник]
- The Professional: The Best of Laurie Johnson [1998, сборник]
- Cult TV Themes [26.02.2008, сборник]