Koos Kombuis (born André le Roux du Toit, 5 November 1954) is a South African musician, singer, songwriter and writer who became famous as part of a group of anti-establishment maverick Afrikaans musicians, who, under the collective name of Voëlvry (directly translated meaning "Free as a bird"; in Afrikaans "voëlvry" is synonymous to the words "fugitive" and "outlaw"), toured campuses across South Africa in the 1980s, to "liberate Afrikaans from the shackles of its past". Fellow musicians of this movement were Johannes Kerkorrel and Bernoldus Niemand (James Phillips).
They were a younger generation Afrikaner who didn't believe in apartheid and didn't toe the ruling National Party line. This movement coined the term "Alternative Afrikaner" for themselves. Kombuis is somewhat of an icon among certain South Africans who consider him the guru of Afrikaans rock music and father of non-conformist Afrikaans culture.Читать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- Niemandsland and Beyond! [альбом]
- n Jaar in die Son [альбом]
- Elke Boemelaar Se Droom [1994, альбом]
- Mona Lisa: Die Mooiste Love Songs [01.01.1995, альбом]
- Blameer Dit Op Apartheid [1997, альбом]
- Madiba Bay [1997, альбом]
- Blou Kombuis [2000, альбом]
- Equilibrium [2002, альбом]
- Bloedrivier [20.03.2008, альбом]
- Greatest Hits [2001, сборник]