Kingmaker were a British indie rock group, founded in Kingston upon Hull in 1990.
The group was formed during their gap year by school friends Loz Hardy and Myles Howell. They placed an advertisement for a drummer, and recruited John Andrew who was an ex-travelling puppeteer and considerably older; he has also worked for the BBC as an engineer.
The band began playing and touring, before making their recording debut with "The Celebrated Working Man" EP. After this they signed up to Chrysalis Records and released a second EP, entitled "Waterproof" in 1991.
Their debut album Eat Yourself Whole was well received, and spent three weeks in the UK Albums Chart, reaching a high of number twenty nine in October 1991. In addition, they released the single, "Eat Yourself Whole", which, despite sharing the name of their album, did not appear on the original UK version. It reached theЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- Idiots at the Wheel EP [макси-сингл]
- Eat Yourself Whole [1991, альбом]
- Armchair Anarchist [1992, сингл]
- The Killjoy Was Here EP [1992, макси-сингл]
- 10 Years Asleep... [1993, сингл]
- 10 Years Asleep... [1993, макси-сингл]
- Queen Jane E.P. [1993, макси-сингл]
- Saturday's Not What It Used To Be [1993, сингл]
- Sleepwalking [1993, альбом]
- To Hell With Humdrum [1993, альбом]
- In the Best Possible Taste [1995, сингл]
- You and I Will Never See Things Eye to Eye [1995, сингл]
- You and I Will Never See Thins Eye to Eye [1995, сингл]
- In the Best Possible Taste [13.04.1995, альбом]
- Bloodshot and Fancy Free: The Best and Rest of Kingmaker [03.02.1997, сборник]