Kind of Like Spitting is an American indie rock band. They formed in 1996 in Portland, Oregon. The band is led by singer-songwriter Ben Barnett, whose work has drawn comparisons to Elliott Smith, Mark Eitzel, Billy Bragg, and Robert Pollard.
Over the next decade, Kind of Like Spitting regularly toured in the US, sometimes with David Jerkovich of Novi Split or a backing band. Kind of Like Spitting released twelve albums in seven years. In the UK, the track "Birds of a Feather" was picked up and played by BBC Radio 1 DJ John Peel, but didn't get regular airplay. The band announced a break-up in 2006 for personal reasons.
In July 1998 the band released a self-titled EP through Hush Records. In April 2000 You Secretly Want Me Dead was released.
Barnett has been involved in other musical projects, including The Thermals in 2002–2003. Since 2007, Barnett has taught music at the Paul Green School of Rock in SeattleЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- Kind of Like Spitting [1998, макси-сингл]
- You Secretly Want Me Dead [1998, альбом]
- Nothing Makes Sense Without It [1999, альбом]
- $100 Room [2000, альбом]
- Insound Tour Support Series, Volume 14 [2000, альбом]
- Old Moon in the Arms of the New [2000, альбом]
- Bridges Worth Burning [08.2002, альбом]
- Learn: The Songs of Phil Ochs [06.09.2005, альбом]
- In the Red [01.11.2005, альбом]
- The Thrill of the Hunt [14.02.2006, альбом]
- Your Living Room's All Over Me [04.07.2006, макси-сингл]