Kate Wolf (born Kathryn Louise Allen, January 27, 1942 – December 10, 1986) was an American folk singer and songwriter. Though her career was relatively short, she had a significant impact on the folk music scene, and many musicians continue to cover her songs. Her best-known compositions include "Here in California," "Love Still Remains," "Across the Great Divide," "Unfinished Life," and "Give Yourself to Love."
Born in San Francisco, she started her music career in the band Wildwood Flower before recording ten records as a solo artist. Her songs have since been recorded by artists such as Nanci Griffith and Emmylou Harris (whose recording of "Love Still Remains" was nominated for a Grammy Award in 1999). An important mentor, friend and touring companion was Utah Phillips.
She died in 1986, at age 44, after a long battle with leukemia. Her remains are buried at a small church cemetery in Goodyears Bar, California.Читать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- Looking Back at You [альбом]
- Back Roads [1976, альбом]
- Safe at Anchor [1979, альбом]
- Close to You [1981, альбом]
- Poet's Heart [1985, альбом]
- Breezes [1995, альбом]
- Lines on the Paper [2009, альбом]
- Give Yourself to Love 
- An Evening in Austin 
- Gold in California [1986, сборник]
- The Wind Blows Wild [1988, сборник]
- Carry It On [1996, сборник]
- The Kate Wolf Anthology: Weaver of Visions [04.04.2000, сборник]