Junoon (Urdu: جنون, literally "obsession/passion") is a sufi rock band from Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan, formed in 1990. The band is directed by founder, lead guitarist and songwriter, Salman Ahmad, who was soon joined by keyboardist Nusrat Hussain and vocalist Ali Azmat. Junoon is Pakistan's and one of South Asia's most successful bands; the Q magazine regarded them as "One of the biggest bands in the world" and The New York Times called Junoon "the U2 of Pakistan". Since their inception, the group has released a collective total of nineteen albums: seven studio albums; one soundtrack; two live albums; four video albums; and five compilations. Their music has sold over 30 million copies worldwide.
Pioneers of sufi rock with an original sound, they achieved success during the early 1990s. Its members were signed to major record label EMI Records and afterwards released their self-titled debut album Junoon in 1991. After twoЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- Inquilaab [альбом]
- Junoon [01.01.1991, альбом]
- Talaash [03.09.1993, альбом]
- Azadi [1997, альбом]
- Parvaaz [01.01.1999, альбом]
- Andaz [01.01.2001, альбом]
- Ishq [01.01.2002, альбом]
- Dewaar [01.12.2003, альбом]
- Infiniti [04.09.2007, альбом]
- Kash Ma Kash (Greatest Hits) [сборник]
- Azadi [01.01.1997, сборник]
- Inquilaab [20.10.1998, сборник]
- Daur-e-Junoon [29.03.2002, сборник]