Julie Doiron (born June 28, 1972 in Moncton, New Brunswick) is an award-winning Canadian singer-songwriter of Acadian heritage.
Doiron started playing guitar (later switching to bass) in Eric's Trip at the age of 18, having joined the band at the insistence of her then-boyfriend, Eric's Trip guitarist Rick White. Shortly before the band's break-up in 1996, she released a solo album under the name Broken Girl, which followed two previous 7" EPs ("Dog Love, Pt. 2" & "Nora") also released under that name. All of her subsequent material has been released under her own name. Although most of her solo material has been written and performed in English, she also released an album of French language material, Désormais.
In 1999, Doiron recorded an album with the Ottawa band Wooden Stars, which was the first time she had worked with a band since the end of Eric's Trip. She shared a Juno Award forЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- Loneliest in the Morning [26.08.1997, альбом]
- Will You Still Love Me? [05.1999, макси-сингл]
- Julie Doiron and the Wooden Stars [01.2000, альбом]
- Désormais [09.08.2001, альбом]
- Heart and Crime [02.04.2002, альбом]
- Julie Doiron / Okkervil River [23.07.2003, альбом]
- Broken Girl [22.08.2003, альбом]
- Goodnight Nobody [07.09.2004, альбом]
- Woke Myself Up [23.01.2007, альбом]
- Lost Wisdom [07.10.2008, альбом]
- I Can Wonder What You Did With Your Day [10.03.2009, альбом]
- Daniel, Fred & Julie [01.12.2009, альбом]
- So Many Days [2012, альбом]
- Daytrotter Session [02.07.2009]