José James (born January 20, 1978) is an American vocalist best known for performing and blending modern jazz and hip-hop. James performs all over the world both as a bandleader and with other groups.
Often referred to as a jazz singer for the hip-hop generation, New York City-based vocalist José James combines jazz, soul, drum'n'bass, and spoken word into his own unique brand of vocal jazz. While he states his main influences as John Coltrane, Marvin Gaye, and Billie Holiday, his sound on early 12" singles and in live performances brought to mind such icons of '70s jazz-soul as Terry Callier, and his music felt more like an update of the fluid crossover approach of Gil Scott-Heron, while also being distinctly his own.
José James attended The New School for Jazz and Contemporary Music. In 2008, he debuted with his first album, The Dreamer, on the Brownswood label. Blackmagic followed in 2010. 2010Читать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- The Dreamer [28.01.2008, альбом]
- Park Bench People [28.04.2008, сингл]
- Desire & Love [22.09.2008, макси-сингл]
- Blackmagic Remixes [01.11.2009, макси-сингл]
- Blackmagic [22.02.2010, альбом]
- Warrior [03.2010, сингл]
- For All We Know [11.05.2010, альбом]
- It's All Over Your Body [14.09.2012, макси-сингл]
- Trouble [18.09.2012, сингл]
- No Beginning No End [16.01.2013, альбом]
- While You Were Sleeping [09.06.2014, альбом]
- Yesterday I Had the Blues: The Music of Billie Holiday [04.02.2015, альбом]
|Come To My Door||