Jona Lewie (born John Lewis, 14 March 1947 in Southampton, England) is an English singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist, best known for his 1980 UK hits "You'll Always Find Me in the Kitchen at Parties" and "Stop the Cavalry".
Jona Lewie joined his first group, the Johnston City Jazz Band, while still at school in 1963, and by 1968 had become a blues and boogie singer and piano player. In 1969, as a singer/songwriter, he contributed compositions and recordings for the compilation album I Asked For Water She Gave Me ... Gasoline on the Liberty/UA label. Other compositions in 1969 were for the album These Blues is Meant to Be Barrel Housed on the Yazoo/Blue Goose label in New York, still as a solo artist known as John Lewis.
In 1969 he became acquainted with the blues band Brett Marvin and the Thunderbolts, which was holding a residency at London's Studio 51 club, joining as a vocalistЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- Hallelujah Europa [сингл]
- On the Other Hand There's a Fist [1978, альбом]
- The Baby She's on the Street [1978, сингл]
- Big Shot Momentarily [1980, сингл]
- Stop the Cavalry [11.1980, сингл]
- Re-Arranging the Deckchairs on the Titanic [1981, сингл]
- I Think I'll Get My Haircut [1982, сингл]
- Heart Skips Beat [1992, альбом]
- Optimistic [1993, альбом]
- Alias Jona Lewie [1979, сборник]
- Gatecrasher [1980, сборник]
- Acropolis Now [1983, сборник]
- The Best of Jona Lewie [11.02.2002, сборник]
|Stop The Cavalry||
|Youll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties||