Johnny Copeland (March 27, 1937 – July 3, 1997) was an American Texas blues guitarist and singer.
Copeland was born in Haynesville, Louisiana, United States. Influenced by T-Bone Walker, he formed the 'Dukes of Rhythm' in Houston, Texas, and made his recording debut in 1956, signing with Duke Records the following year. Although his early records met with little commercial success, he became a popular touring act over the next two decades.
His early recording career embraced blues, soul and rock and roll. He cut singles for Mercury, Golden Eagle and All Boy, amongst others. His first single was "Rock 'n' Roll Lily", and he later cut successes such as "Down On Bending Knees" and "Please Let Me Know". For the most part, his singles featured Copeland as a vocalist more than a guitar player.
Driven by disco to rethink his future, he moved to New York in 1979, and played extensively in the eastern cities. In 1981Читать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- Flyin' High [альбом]
- Jungle Swing [альбом]
- Wake Up Little Suzie / You're Gonna Reap Just What You Sow [1966, сингл]
- Copeland Special [1981, альбом]
- Make My Home Where I Hang My Hat [1983, альбом]
- Showdown! [1985, альбом]
- When the Rain Starts Fallin [1988, альбом]
- Blues Power [1989, альбом]
- Blues Roots [13.09.1991, альбом]
- Catch Up With the Blues [03.05.1994, альбом]
- The Crazy Cajun Recordings [18.02.1999, альбом]
- Working Man's Blues [14.12.1999, альбом]
- Ain't Nothin' But a Party 
- Live in Australia [18.03.1997]
- Texas Twister [1986, сборник]
- The Blues Collection 56: Texas Party [1995, сборник]
- At His Best [22.09.1998, сборник]
- Honky Tonkin [13.07.1999, сборник]
|Flying High Live||