Cyrus Whitfield Bond (June 1, 1915 – June 12, 1978), known professionally as Johnny Bond, was a popular American country music entertainer of the 1940s through the 1960s.
Bond was born in Enville, Oklahoma. He got his first break working for Jimmy Wakely in the late 1930s and went on to join Gene Autry's Melody Ranch in 1940, sometimes performing with his Red River Valley Boys. He also acted on occasion in films including Wilson and Duel in the Sun, and was later a regular on the 1950s Los Angeles country music television series Town Hall Party.
He is best known for his 1947 hit "Divorce Me C.O.D.", one of his seven top ten hits on the Billboard country charts. In 1965 at age 50 he scored the biggest hit of his career with the comic "Ten Little Bottles", which spent four weeks at No. 2. Bond's other hits include "So Round, So Firm, So Fully Packed" (1947), "OklahomaЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- Love Gone Cold / Rock My Cradle Once Again [1942, сингл]
- I'll Step Aside / First Rose [10.1946, сингл]
- Live and Let Live / I Wonder Where You Are Tonight [08.1953, сингл]
- Country and Western: Standard Transcriptions [сборник]
- The Home Recordings [17.09.2002, сборник]
|Hot Rod Lincoln||