John Benson Sebastian (born March 17, 1944) is an American singer-songwriter, guitarist, harmonicist, and autoharpist. He is best known as a founder of the Lovin' Spoonful, a band inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2000; for his impromptu appearance at the Woodstock festival in 1969; and for his #1 hit in 1976, "Welcome Back".
Sebastian was born in New York City and grew up in Italy and Greenwich Village. His father, John Sebastian, was a noted classical harmonica player and his mother, Jane, was a radio script writer. His godmother was Vivian Vance ("Ethel Mertz" of I Love Lucy), who was a close friend of his mother. His godfather and first babysitter was children's book illustrator Garth Williams, a friend of his father.
Sebastian grew up surrounded by music and musicians, including Burl Ives and Woody Guthrie, and hearing such players as Lead Belly and Mississippi John Hurt in his ownЧитать далее в Википедии...
Альбомы и синглы:
- She's a Lady / Room Nobody Lives In [1968, сингл]
- John B. Sebastian [01.1970, альбом]
- Younger Generation / Boredom [1970, сингл]
- The Four of Us [09.08.1971, альбом]
- Welcome Back [1976, альбом]
- Satisfied [2007, альбом]
- King Biscuit Flower Hour: John Sebastian
- Nashville Cats 
- One Guy, One Guitar 
- Cheapo-Cheapo Production Presents Real Live 
- Life and Times 1964 - 1999 [сборник]
- Tar Beach [сборник]
- The Best of John Sebastian [сборник]
- Faithful Virtue: The Reprise Recordings [2001, сборник]